Many Island children can benefit from the extra care and attention of a responsible role model, who is also a friend. There are many children on our waiting list, particularly little boys, who require only the interest of a willing volunteer to create a life-changing friendship.
The MatchMakers program allows individuals, families, businesses, and service groups to make a lasting impact on the life of a child through a $1,200 gift. Your $1,200 donation will cover all of the costs associated with a new match including recruitment materials, advertising, volunteer enrolment, screening, application processing, resource materials, activities for child and volunteer, and ongoing support by our professional staff.
You can make a one-time donation of $1200, or you can make a monthly donation of $100 for a year. Either way, your support will make a BIG difference to a child.
By providing a child with a positive, long-term relationship with a caring adult mentor, you will help them grow. He or she will develop:
- Increased self confidence (e.g. more willing to try new activities with mentors, increased willingness to converse with others, increased participation in class).
- Increased communication skills
- Increased hope (e.g. they talk about attaining positive futures such as attending college or getting interesting jobs like their mentor.)
Should you choose to become one of the first Matchmakers in the inaugural year of this program, your support will be acknowledged in a number of ways:
• We will issue a tax receipt (or if you do not wish to receive a tax receipt, we can discuss a promotional package)
• We will recognize your support on our website
• We will acknowledge you gift on Facebook and Twitter
• We will recognize your support in our Annual Report
For more information, please contact Myron Yates at 368-7760 or email: bigbrothersbigsisters.ca
Rotary Club of Charlottetown Royalty (half a match)